Julie Dahl, science education specialist, will read the book, Stella Brite and the Dark Matter Mystery, then curious learners will have an opportunity to submit their questions about dark matter. The session will conclude with a brief "try this" activity that will challenge your skills of observation and communication.
To participate in the activity from home, you will need to round up some Dark Matter Detective supplies.
What you'll need:
- 2 small jars or bottles with lids (clear)
- 8-12 small plastic beads (pony beads work well) or other similar objects
- something shiny to place in each bottle
- something small that floats for each bottle
- a tray with edges to contain any spilled water
- paper towels, rags or sponges in-case of spills